Welsh Quilting Talk

Welsh Quilting Talk

I recently gave my talk on Welsh Quilting/Quilts to a local group called Positive Thinkers.
And what a lovely group of Positive Thinkers they were.

It's been a little while since I've given this talk. And I had forgotten just how much I enjoy sharing my love of Welsh Quilts with others.


As well as talking about the history of Welsh Quilts I like to throw in a few modern/contempory/fun Welsh pieces in.
The one above is the first of my contemporary challenge quilts - all with a Welsh Theme (I'll post more about them another time).



 I was so pleased that they really got my miniature Welsh Quilts
And fully appreciated just how much work went into freemotion quilting them.

 I've also hand quilted a few with contrast colour stitching
so the quilting patterns really pop.
Of course I took some old Welsh Quilts
so I could show/describe the quilt patterns 

  Spirals, Swirls, Hearts, Cross Hatching

Leaves And Echo Quilting 

All part of the rich Heritage of Welsh Quilt Designs.
 A beautiful quilt but very heavy due to the sheep wool wadding/batting.


This one was on loan from my friend Win.
Win can tell you the full history of this quilt.
In fact I spent a few hours with her last week
 taking pictures of and documents this wonderful quilt.

So I'll  be making a blog post dedicated to Win's quilt soon. Click Here to Read about Win's Welsh Quilt

This is just a taste of the quilts I took - but it gives you a flavour of my talk. 

I so enjoyed the evening - thank you Positive Thinkers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wool quilt

Welsh Quilting - By Machine!!