Friday, 25 April 2014

My wool quilt

I made this quilt using 'household objects'
as would often have been done originally.

The mug and saucer created the middle circle rings
The glass - bottom left I used to outline the spiral which I then filled in by hand/eye
It's a lovely free/organic way to work and mark up your quilt top.

I used soap to mark the quilt top (see bottom right)
As you can see I'm marking it up and hand quilting it as I go along.

The centre all finished

Almost there now.
In fact I thought this quilt was finished.
And sent it to hang in a local Exhibition.
But when I saw it hanging I realised that the leaf shapes
along the bottom of the above picture  needed more quilting.
In fact if I could have taken it down there and then to finish it I would have!
 A close-up of the unfinished leaves. 
So, as soon as I got my quilt back, I stitched a simple swirl in the leaf shapes
and it made all the difference to the overall look for the quilt.

 That's better!


2 comments: